• Wed. Feb 21st, 2024

Watch out for these common foods! Don’t regret it by sending your child to the hospital

Children all love to eat snacks, and most parents don’t control them too much. As long as they eat snacks at a normal level, it’s not a big problem. But parents must pay special attention to the following foods. Eating too much of these foods may put your child in the hospital! 1. Popcorn: Popcorn has a high content of lead. Once it enters the human body, lead will damage the person\’s nerves, blood, digestive system and hematopoiesis. Children\’s detoxification systems have not yet fully developed, so eating popcorn regularly may lead to chronic lead poisoning. The symptoms of chronic lead poisoning are: loss of appetite, diarrhea, irritability, purple gums, abnormal development, etc. So you must not eat too much popcorn. 2. Persimmons are sweet, delicious and nutritious. Many people also like to eat frozen persimmons in winter, which have a unique taste. Persimmons have high nutritional value, containing about 1-2 times more vitamins and sugar than ordinary fruits. However, eating a large amount of immature persimmons and unprocessed fresh persimmons can easily cause gastrolithiasis. This is because persimmons contain a relatively large amount of tannic acid. The tannic acid combines with the protein in the stomach to form water-insoluble tannic acid protein, which is deposited in the stomach; plus the pectin, colloid and food in the stomach Residues, they aggregate into lumps to form gastrolithiasis, which is medically known as gastrolithiasis. Large stomach stones staying in the stomach for a long time can cause symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting. 3. Ginkgo Ginkgo, also called ginkgo, has the effect of nourishing the lungs, nourishing the kidneys and strengthening the body. Not only can it be eaten, it can also be used as medicine. However, raw ginkgo contains slightly toxic substances, which can cause poisoning if eaten too much. Moreover, the reaction after eating is different due to different body constitutions of each person. When eating ginkgo fruits raw, children generally eat about 20 in a row, and adults may be in danger of poisoning if they eat about 50 in a row. The way to prevent ginkgo poisoning is to cook it before eating it. However, the toxins in cooked ginkgo are not completely destroyed, so it is not advisable to eat too much. In addition, drinking ginkgo leaves soaked in water is also dangerous. According to research, Ginkgo acid, a component of Ginkgo biloba, can damage the heart if the dose is too large or taken for a long time. 4. Hawthorn Hawthorn is sweet and sour, and has a special function in digestion and digestion. It is one of the best fruits to increase appetite and help digestion, but eating too much is harmful rather than beneficial. Eating too much hawthorn can hurt people\’s qi, because hawthorn contains a large amount of vitamin C, fruit acid and other ingredients. From the perspective of food medicinal properties, hawthorn tastes sour and sweet. There is a record in ancient medicine: \”Hawthorn breaks Qi, so it is not suitable to eat too much. Eating too much consumes Qi and damages teeth.\” Hawthorn is a product that breaks Qi and removes stagnation. People who usually have weak spleen and stomach or are taking qi-tonifying drugs such as ginseng should not edible. Children are in the teeth-changing period. If they often eat large amounts, it will be detrimental to the growth of their teeth and affect their appetite. Therefore, it is not advisable to eat too much hawthorn. 5. Mango Mango is a hot fruit. Children can easily get angry if they eat too much. At the same time, mango contains a lot of irritating substances. When eating mango, it is easy for mango juice to get into the mouth, cheeks and other parts, which can irritate facial skin and cause facial redness and swelling. , inflammation, severe cases may cause eye redness, swelling and pain. Therefore, children should not eat more than 2/3 of a medium-sized mango. They should also wash their hands and face after eating to prevent allergies.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *